Why You Must Embrace Failure
It seems that failure tends to be the fulcrum point between defeat and success. One failed experience can deter even the most determined of individuals. Many of us try to do our best to avoid failure; in turn, we end up with a negative mindset towards the experience.
However, the simple truth is – no great success was ever achieved without a setback. Ultimately, whether we like it or not, failure is a necessary stepping stone to achieving our dreams.
The Meat and Potatoes
Several months ago, I led a class on being a lifelong learner, resilience, and accepting failure as apart of the road to success. I shared a time with my audience about reading a blog post of quotes that inspired me to keep going.
Today, I wanted to share this collection of quotes that will hopefully inspire you to look at failure from a different perspective.
25 Powerful Quotes on Failure
1. “Failure isn’t fatal, but failing to change might be” – John Wooden
2. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.” – Jack Canfield
“Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.”
– Coco Chanel
4. “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
5. “The phoenix must burn to emerge.” – Janet Fitch
6. “If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” – Ken Robinson
7. “Giving up is the only sure way to fail.” – Gena Showalter
8. “If you don’t try at anything, you can’t fail… it takes backbone to lead the life you want” – Richard Yates
9. “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is a delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead-end; It is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” – Denis Waitley
“When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.”
– Ellen DeGeneres
11. “Failing gives you the proper perspective on success.” – Ellen DeGeneres
12. “There is no failure except in no longer trying.” – Chris Bradford
13. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
14. “Success is not final, failures are not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
15. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” – Paulo Coelho
“Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.”
– Lance Armstrong
17. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
18. “I’d rather be partly great than entirely useless.” – Neal Shusterman
19. “We are all failures – at least the best of us are.” – J.M. Barrie
20. “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – Henry Ford
21. “Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.” – C.S. Lewis
22. “Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
23. “Every adversity…every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” – Napoleon Hill
24. “You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.” – Johnny Cash
“It’s not how far you fall, but how high you bounce that counts.”
– Zig Ziglar
BONUS! – You can never have enough reminders.
26. “Failing is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I’ve met people who don’t want to try for fear of failing.” – J.K. Rowling
27. “No human ever became interesting by not failing. The more you fail and recover and improve, the better you are as a person. Ever meet someone who’s always had everything work out for them with zero struggle? They usually have the depth of a puddle. Or they don’t exist.” – Chris Hardwick
28. “When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel.” – Eloise Ristad
29. “With a hint of good judgment, to fear nothing, not failure or suffering or even death, indicates that you value life the most. You live to the extreme…push limits…and spend your time building legacies. Those do not die.” – Criss Jami
30. Lastly, “What is the point of being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?” – John Green
Thank you for reading. I hope this information was helpful today. Share it with someone who needs it!